This time it's Rhubarb Rosemary Jam. The reason for my hesitancy is that I keep turning the jars and the contents are totally liquid. Not jammy. But, since this is, actually, jelly, using gelatin to thicken the liquid, it shouldn't likely get firm until it's cold, which it definitely isn't. I put one into the fridge for faster testing.
I got the Rhubarb from the store, so no spider incidents this time.
The stove caught fire, but I put it out, so that was okay too.
Now I am considering painting the bathroom, but this is, like, actual work, so I'm not rushing into anything here.
My auntie Susan is coming to visit this weekend, so I have to gage what actually has to be done, and what I only think has to be done so she can be impressed. It's a fine line. I also have a cold (ugh. is there anything worse than being sick in the summer?), so I don't want to take on too much. Additionally the yard needs a lot of work, and the upstairs (where she's staying) needs serious cleaning, so... bathroom? I don't know.
Much fun was had this past weekend. Stephan got inebriated and was very funny. At one point he came over and said "You look like Amy. I like that." Our friend Mukesh's jaw dropped and he says, "What?" Stephan looks over and goes, "Do you know Amy?" Then he wandered off.
I had to explain to Mukesh that Amy is a character on the "West Wing," played by Mary Louise Parker, who Stephan loves dearly. Not as much as he loves her as Nancy Botwin, on "Weeds" but he's into it. Anyway, he thinks I look like her, some times especially. I think she's fantastic, so this bothers me not at all.
Now it's Monday. We have a ton more vegetables and fruit in our box, and I am at a loss as to how to keep up with it all.
Anyone need a head of lettuce?
No comments:
Post a Comment