Friday, July 24, 2009

Relative Satisfactions

It's no surprise that things in life are relative. If you're hungry, really hungry, the first thing you eat can often be the best thing you've ever eaten, at least, until you eat something better. 

So I cleaned the bathroom yesterday. It took 2.5 hours. I should say that it wasn't that I've never cleaned it or something, but it had been a long time since it got an in-depth, in the corners, spring type clean. 

Now it looks bea-u-tiful. I find this very satisfying. I will likely find it to be satisfying right up to the minute it's filthy again, at which point I will put off cleaning it for as long a possible.

Logical? No. Likely? Absolutely. 

Now: what to do today? I recently had this Fat Straw drink- it had the tapioca things in it- and it was SO good. I am running ideas on trips to NW 23rd just to get another one. And I have to pick up a baby shower gift. And mail my dads birthday package (his birthday was two weeks ago, if you wanted clarity on how bad a daughter I am). Oh, and go to the gym. 

Another busy day for the House Elf.

No comments: