I am an engaged individual. In a matter of months (six) I will be stand in front of someone and tell them that, for sure, I want to spend the rest of my life with Stephan. Which is pretty cool, but really weird, and not a little alarming.
The point of writing today was actually to describe the proposal, because I've noticed that I don't recall anything that happens in my life, and this is not something I want to forget.
So Stephan maneuvers the day to closely resemble our 2nd date (to my total oblivion). We are walking around the Rose Garden and set down our blanket in the spot where we had said date (supposedly my idea). Stephan is on his back, and I am giving him kisses. I'm asking him questions, and if he tell me the truth, he gets a kiss. When he lies, I give him a kiss (Stephan: "how will you know when to kiss and when to kiss?"). We do this for awhile.
"Am a pretty?"
"Yes."
He gets a kiss.
"Do you love me?"
"Yes."
He gets a kiss.
You get the gist.
So then he sits up on his knees and faces me.
"Is it my turn?"
"Yes. But there is only one question. Do you want to marry me?"
"Yes."
I get a kiss... and a ring. When he asked my heart and my head got really giddy, but it was when he started digging in his coat for the ring that my brain got in on the action. Then there were lots of kisses. And I tried to only pay attention to him and ignore the ring, but he wanted to tell me all about the ring, which was awesome, because I wanted to look at it a lot. I still do. I just wiggle it back and forth to see it sparkle.
And I didn't cry, since most people ask. I just smiled. Grinned. For weeks. I'm probably in my longest stretch of good mood ever, which is saying something, because since meeting Stephan, I have in general been of a much sunnier temperament than ever before.
But hey, I'm in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment